Sunday, February 20, 2011

Just Jump

I've been toying with this idea of trust lately. The word alone brings up a lot of feeling. For a lot of people, it comes with fear and anxiety. TRUSTING is never easy. The thought of it is scary. It makes you vulnerable...which is exactly what you need.

Vulnerability means space.
It's like a feeling of "Ok, here I am...do what you want with me."
It's a recognition that something is out of your control.

But there's something that I've been noticing more and more on a deeper level than just understanding. I FEEL it.

There is no control.
 

Everything I do seems to be accompanied by a feeling of vulnerability lately...a recognition that whatever happens is out of my control.

I put forth effort, and let go of the rest. TRUST the rest.

It feels like jumping off of something really high. The second you jump off, you're trusting something will catch you. You're becoming vulnerable. And if you think about it, it's during these times that you feel most alive.

The jump is the effort. The fall is the trust.

There is something about letting go of the idea that you have control, surrendering to the fact that you don't, and trusting in what the Universe has in store for you that makes you feel free. You feel more at-ease.

It happens in everyday life. The moment you get in the elevator or get in your car, you're trusting something. The moment you follow your gut and quit you job or walk in a classroom to take a test, you're trusting. You're allowing yourself to be vulnerable, to be open.

You do what you do, and trust the rest.
Because really, you have NO IDEA about what's going to happen.

Ever.

Under NO circumstances.


So just jump.
Because you never really know what can happen.

Let go.
Surrender.
Trust.

That's all it takes.

And through that I have never felt more nervous, yet excited, about my LIFE.

And through THAT, I have never felt more alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment