Sunday, February 13, 2011

Light and Matter...Without Mattering

So I'm sitting here...in my friend's fancy honors college at our university...studying. Well, kind of. I've been at it for the past three hours so I figured I would give myself a break. She just went to run on the treadmill to burn off some energy she had sitting around.

But anyway,

as I'm feeding all of this information into my brain, I can't help but question what it's for. Why do I need to know that 1 watt=1 joule/s? Why do I need that for my life? What's all this information going to do for me?
 

Does it even matter?

No.

Of course it doesn't.

Nothing matters.

You just do what you do.

And that's that.

No questions asked. 

Right now I have to learn about Light and Matter.

And that's all that exists in this moment.

Right now...

THIS IS MY LIFE. 

I forget that sometimes. And then I feel agitated because I'm resisting what I have to do...resisting MY LIFE. No matter how much I question what's happening NOW, it doesn't change the fact that it's happening NOW. The WHY questions only make my head spin. It doesn't matter why. It just matters that you DO. And while you DO, you BE. You BE with what you're DOing. And then all of a sudden, Light and Matter is just Light and Matter. Not Light and Matter with a side of why the fuck did I sign up for this class. 

Just Light and Matter.


That's it.


That's all there is.


In this moment.


Now, back to chapter 5...


Not that it matters.

1 comment: